Danube Waltz on Viking Hermod
Budapest to Passau
Explore four of Europe’s most enchanting countries along the storied Danube River; Austria, Germany, Hungary and Slovakia. See the range of architectural wonders in Budapest and Bratislava, sail through the spectacular Wachau Valley, and take a tour of the 900-year-old baroque Benedictine abbey at Melk on this amazing 8-day itinerary.
Soak up soothing steam at a Budapest thermal bath. Learn to waltz...
Designed by legendary naval architects Yran & Storbraaten, the team behind The Yachts of Seabourn, these new vessels offer state-of-the-art engineering, patent pending design* and luxury. The Viking Longships provide guests with more ways to personalize their trip. Choose from a variety of stateroom classes, onboard entertainment options and ship locations from which you can enjoy sailing through the scenery, all the while enriching your time in some of Europe’s most remarkable destinations.
Two Explorer Suites feature spectacular 270° views with a private wraparound veranda. Veranda Suites feature two full rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom. Enjoy the indoor-outdoor Aquavit Terrace at the bow of the ship, or relax on the Sun Deck. These “green” ships, featuring energy-efficient hybrid engines, solar panels and an organic herb garden, were named to honor prominent members of the Norse pantheon. Each ship carries 190 guests in comfortable, understated elegance, with hotel-style beds and amenities like 26-inch flat-panel TVs and in-room refrigerators.
* Corridor configuration registered designs patent pending, numbers 1832106-0001 to 1832106-0011.
- 95 comfortable outside staterooms (2 Explorer Suites, 7 Veranda Suites, 39 Veranda Staterooms, 22 French Balcony Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms)
- All suites feature two rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun deck with 360-degree views and shaded sitting area; organic herb garden and solar panels; putting green, chess and walking track
- Aquavit Terrace with a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship and grills for al fresco dining
- Observation lounge and bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library corner and onboard boutique
- Free shipwide wireless internet service
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines producing less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 40" flat-panel TV with infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus CNBC, CNN, ESPN, FOX, National Geographic and more
Since its first sailings along Russia’s waterways nearly 20 years ago, Viking® has reinvented river cruising. Today, Viking invites guests to sample the rich cultures and fine wines and cuisine along Europe’s great rivers—all aboard the continent’s most comfortable, state-of-the-art ships—and the storied rivers of China, Southeast Asia and Egypt. The innovative Viking Longships® are the most award-winning vessels on Europe ...